Expectations

One of the things that I learned during the fall semester is that expectations are really important to communicate with students. I noticed that there were many students were not aware that you needed to comment on to other students discussion posts. My plan this semester is to post several things throughout the lessons not just at the beginning or an announcement that make students aware of the things that I expect of them and assignments.

I’m going to try several different things. For a few of the assignments, I plan on posting videos of me discussing the things that I expect from them. For others, that it’s just a few quick notes, I plan on just posting a picture of the things that I would like them to know.

I’m interested to see how this plays out the semester. I’m hoping that posting things throughout the lesson rather than just in one place will make more students see my posts and more likely to know my expectations.

Published by

Katie Bouldin

I have been teaching for 3 years. My first teaching job was a long-term subbing position at Standish and Sterling Elementary Schools. I understand that this isn't exactly an official teaching job. However, I did all of the things that a regular teacher would do. My first “official” teaching job was at Arenac Eastern Schools where I taught Music, Drama, and Computers for Kindergarten through 12th grade. I worked there up until last year when my school closed down. Now I work for Michigan Virtual and own a photography business on the side. Some of my favorite hobbies include sewing, hunting and fishing, and spending time with my dog Maggie.