Students Needs

I think that online classes inherently help meet students needs. Students who are at different paces can work in the same class simultaneously. If a student needs to go back and review the material they have access to all of it. Including teachers comments on assignments turned in.

More specifically though, as online teachers, it’s our job to try to hit as many learning styles as possible. It can be difficult to help those who are kinesthetic learners in an online environment. It is up to the mentors and online teachers that students of all learning styles are facilitated in the online class. I like to make videos to help students who are visual or audio learners.

I think students need to have the support of an online teacher who is willing to work with their kids to meet the student’s needs. They also need a mentor who is willing to work with the teacher to help them understand the material better. A support system is crucial for online students.

Published by

Katie Bouldin

I have been teaching for 3 years. My first teaching job was a long-term subbing position at Standish and Sterling Elementary Schools. I understand that this isn't exactly an official teaching job. However, I did all of the things that a regular teacher would do. My first “official” teaching job was at Arenac Eastern Schools where I taught Music, Drama, and Computers for Kindergarten through 12th grade. I worked there up until last year when my school closed down. Now I work for Michigan Virtual and own a photography business on the side. Some of my favorite hobbies include sewing, hunting and fishing, and spending time with my dog Maggie.